Hi from me and Toby

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Trekky

Hi from me and Toby

Post by Trekky »

Hi everyone,

I'm Trekky better known as Lesley and me and my family have recently added Toby a 16 week old springer/cocker cross to our family. The family consists of me and hubby and 3 children of the ages 8, 6 and 3 along with 3 Gambian pouched rats that are my other pride and joys.

I have had dogs in the past ranging from collies, basset hound and springer.

I have trained my first dog for obedience but this was pre clicker and with old school trainers. I discovered he clicker while trying to undo the damage to that first dog who became very stressed when I tried to work him so I went back to basics and introduced the clicker as well as stopping attending the training classes to help bring the fun into his learning. Sadly he also developed a brain tumour that changed my boy over night and I had to make the decision to have him pts :(

Toby has settled well to the family although we have the usual puppy teething problems that we are dealing with with time out. Most of his play fighting is now aimed at my youngest child but to be fair to him she does wind him up. I'm also desperately trying to get him walking on a loose lead when the kids are with me as they do excite him as I have chronic arthritis in my shoulder that I am awaiting treatment for and find his pulling (even with a halti head collar on) very painful, yet when just me and him on walks he walks much better (still pulling but easier to control)

Victoria is one of my 2 favourite dog trainer/behaviourist and I'm so pleased that I finally found this forum
titan_mommy

Re: Hi from me and Toby

Post by titan_mommy »

Welcome aboard~
I smile because I have no idea what is going on
Suzette

Re: Hi from me and Toby

Post by Suzette »

Hi Lesley - welcome!! :D
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11