Urgent - need help!!!!!

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Abbodupi

Re: Urgent - need help!!!!!

Post by Abbodupi »

Yes they have been living together for 3 years without a problem. I added more to my previous post - I've been racking my brain about any clues that we may have missed or things that didn't seem significant. The more I think about it the more I think it is about dominance, but can that be fixed?
Abbodupi

Post by Abbodupi »

Minkee - Your post scares me. I had never heard that about two females living in the same house. I soooooo do not want that to be true for us.

I added more to my last post, as I've been racking my brain trying to think of any clues we missed or things that we thought were insignificant at the time. I feel like this may be a dominance issue. Now we just need to figure out if it has developed into a hatred issue. The thought of that makes me so sad!
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Have you had both of these dogs to the vet for a thorough check up yet?

If not there is NO point worrying about behavioural issues, and personally I will NOT go through the various things and potential courses of action with you until these dogs have a clean bill of health from a vet, because the risks here are HUGE and I will not be held responsible if you try to deal with this as a behavioural issue and in fact there is a health problem going on.
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Yes - BOTH dogs need checking because very often the dog being attacked has a health issue. That's how dogs are - the weak and sick are killed. You don't want this to escalate. You would be amazed at the vigour one dog can put into getting rid of another.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Abbodupi

Post by Abbodupi »

We have not taken them to the vet yet, as we need to get the money together first as our vet won't take payments. I know that is the first step, so that's what we'll do! Meanwhile we are keeping them separated and/or muzzled.