My Puppy Riley With Victoria

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

OhioRuthie

Re: My Puppy Riley With Victoria

Post by OhioRuthie »

A guy I dated actually adopted one of my parrot rescues...he was involved in rescue in the past and I knew he could handle her issues..and they are amazing together. It's nice when its a friend who adopts so I can hear stories about them all the time.
============================================
My goal is to become the kind of person my pets think I am

My websites:
http://www.freewebs.com/ruthiesfanpages

My macaw said I'm a good girl and I believe him 8)
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

OhioRuthie wrote:
A guy I dated actually adopted one of my parrot rescues...he was involved in rescue in the past and I knew he could handle her issues..and they are amazing together. It's nice when its a friend who adopts so I can hear stories about them all the time.
That's true! I remembered when we had puppies, and sometimes kittens, the people we know who adopted them kept in touch with us! It's good to hear that these animals have a good home, where they are well taken care of! :D As for my old boyfriend who was going to buy me a bird, he didn't even know anything about dogs until he got one and I had to show him how to take care of it and train it! I had to train him, too, because he would get lazy and wouldn't walk or even play with the dog! :shock: Needless to say, when I got onto him about this, he straightened up and took his responsibilities seriously. However, after his dog died, he hasn't had another pet. :(
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

wvvdiup1 wrote:OhioRuthie wrote:
That's true! I remembered when we had puppies, and sometimes kittens, the people we know who adopted them kept in touch with us! It's good to hear that these animals have a good home, where they are well taken care of! :D As for my old boyfriend who was going to buy me a bird, he didn't even know anything about dogs until he got one and I had to show him how to take care of it and train it! I had to train him, too, because he would get lazy and wouldn't walk or even play with the dog! :shock: Needless to say, when I got onto him about this, he straightened up and took his responsibilities seriously. However, after his dog died, he hasn't had another pet. :(
I know a couple of neighbors who have lost their dogs and refuse to ever have another one they say it hurts too much. I can't seem to convince them the years of joy dogs bring is so worth it.

My websites:

wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

No, actually I've been there! :shock: I had a dog that I really, really loved, and when she died, I was so heartbroken, because I never had a dog like her! I cannot put my finger on what exactly made her really special to me, so I can sympathize (sorry about the spelling) with them. However, it took some time for me to get another dog, but when I did, I was definitely happier even though this dog couldn't replace the one I've lost.

Maybe time will heal them and then they'll think about getting another dog. In the meantime, let them finish their griefs, if this was recently.
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

wvvdiup1 wrote:No, actually I've been there! :shock: I had a dog that I really, really loved, and when she died, I was so heartbroken, because I never had a dog like her! I cannot put my finger on what exactly made her really special to me, so I can sympathize (sorry about the spelling) with them. However, it took some time for me to get another dog, but when I did, I was definitely happier even though this dog couldn't replace the one I've lost.

Maybe time will heal them and then they'll think about getting another dog. In the meantime, let them finish their griefs, if this was recently.
It's been about six years for one family and four years for the other one...I think they are pretty serious about never having another dog so they never go through the loss again.

My websites:

wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

OhioRuthie wrote:
It's been about six years for one family and four years for the other one...I think they are pretty serious about never having another dog so they never go through the loss again."
It's a shame because death is a part of life as life is a part of death! :roll:
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Oh, by the way, OhioRuthie! I was checking for that thread that had members with dogs posing by their tv sets with Victoria in an episode, but it appears that thread is "history." :shock: Sorry! :(
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

wvvdiup1 wrote:Oh, by the way, OhioRuthie! I was checking for that thread that had members with dogs posing by their tv sets with Victoria in an episode, but it appears that thread is "history." :shock: Sorry! :(
I noticed someone is delete happy even with the site..can't find pages that were once linked to a message...maybe they had a site crash at one point and lost some things..can't imagine anyone purposely removing so much. :?

My websites:

wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

OhioRuthie wrote:
I noticed someone is delete happy even with the site..can't find pages that were once linked to a message...maybe they had a site crash at one point and lost some things..can't imagine anyone purposely removing so much.
Probably not, because this website forum you see before is the new one that went into effect on January 1, 2010.
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

wvvdiup1 wrote:OhioRuthie wrote:
I noticed someone is delete happy even with the site..can't find pages that were once linked to a message...maybe they had a site crash at one point and lost some things..can't imagine anyone purposely removing so much.
Probably not, because this website forum you see before is the new one that went into effect on January 1, 2010.
They must of lost some stuff then..some posts go back to 2006 I think...but some of the links to the main site goes to error pages. I clicked a link to a page where Victoria talked about an episode in detail in a blog entry but it wasn't there..that kind of thing. But that's lifeLOL

My websites:

wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

OhioRuthie:
They must of lost some stuff then..some posts go back to 2006 I think...but some of the links to the main site goes to error pages. I clicked a link to a page where Victoria talked about an episode in detail in a blog entry but it wasn't there..that kind of thing. But that's lifeLOL
Probably or it wasn't deemed important or necessary to carry them onto the new site. Who knows? :roll:
kasi12

Post by kasi12 »

riley is adorable :lol:
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

kasi12 wrote:riley is adorable :lol:
Thank you!

My websites: