I need you help with my lab

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

AnimalHouse36

I need you help with my lab

Post by AnimalHouse36 »

Hello everyone! I'm new here and I need your help.

I have a six year old labrador retriever, who will NOT stop barking! She only barks when people are walking by or are coming up our driveway, and when they do she goes into "attack mode". She begins shaking, growling, barking, and the fur on the back of her neck stands up. Then, if they are coming up are driveway she jumps off from the couch (we have a big window she looks out of when she's on the arm of the chair), she runs to the door way (sometimes scratching whoever is on the couch), and then barks at the door visously.

Also, if your talking on the phone and say "bye", she begins barking and growling.

If you open to door to leave, she goes into her mode.

Now Carly [my dog] would never hurt anyone. She is so sweet and loving and playful, but people are often scared of her when they come to the house. When they open the door she dives through then begins wagging and shaking and picks up the nearest item to greet them with. I just don't get it!

One last thing is she is food agressive. But only with her own food and if your eating and she comes to beg, if someone walks by she scoots closer. :?:

She gets plenty of excersize and she's happy and lovable. She has slight arthritest most likely because she's a pure bred. She's always been like this ever since she was a puppy. But, it's gotten worse since our neighbors dog attacked her [twice]. My dog is submissive enough but ugh, I'm just so confused.

Today I was watching It's Me or The Dog and they showed a Pomeranian that had the same barking issues. Victoria got one of those bike horns and whenever the dog got out of hand she would use it. I was wondering if this coudl work? Does anyone have any suggestions?

THank you inadvance&thank you for reading this lengthy post and I hope you can help me.
You never really live, until you find something worth dying for. [my dog]