Dog Park Fun! (Image heavy!)

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Cheetah

Dog Park Fun! (Image heavy!)

Post by Cheetah »

Well, I found a really awesome dog park about 30 minutes away from me, and took both my guys yesterday. What's great about this place is it's out of the way and not so easy to find, so the only people that go are the ones who are truely into their dogs. We had a blast and I thought I'd share some pictures:

I love this one... that ACD was Shippo's favorite dog at the park.

The Aussie in the background is Sawyer, owned by a friend of mine.

Dirty Shippo

This is Shiloh, who happens to have an extra set of Shippo ears lol.

Hangin' wit da big dawgz... <_<
Eevee, 10-year-old Border Collie mix - My Heart Dog!
Ravinel Fox Magick, CGC (Shippo), 4-year-old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

LOL, thanks for posting. It looks like it was a riotous good time-- great pics, too!
wvvdiup1

Dog Park fun! (Heavy image)

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Nice dogs, Cheetah! You know Shiloh looks more like a wolf than a dog, doesn't he? As far as the pic with extra ears (Shippo's ears), well four ears are better than two! :D

wvvdiup1
Cheetah

Post by Cheetah »

Shiloh's owners have told me that she is a hybrid (not sure how true it is). She seems to be very laid back and submissive, trotting up to complete strangers and rolling herself onto her back for belly rubs. I also saw her last time I visited this park. Stunning dog. Or wolfdog. Or whatever she is lol.
manda.sue

Post by manda.sue »

Oh, Cheetah, they're beautiful! I have to say my favorite is Eevee on the boulders. She looks so happy and most regal! :D And, of course, Shippo with the big guns is absolutely hysterical! :lol: :lol:
pmcrae71

Post by pmcrae71 »

manda.sue wrote:Oh, Cheetah, they're beautiful! I have to say my favorite is Eevee on the boulders. She looks so happy and most regal! :D And, of course, Shippo with the big guns is absolutely hysterical! :lol: :lol:
I have to agree with this! Your dogs are beautiful!! We had a great park like this one we took our dogs to but they started having you keep the dogs on leashes while in the park and now they charge you an entrance fee!! I am currently looking for a new park. Anyway, your dogs look happy and beautiful at the new park. Enjoy!
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

You're dog park is so much nicer than ours. It's so beautiful. Our's is small. :(
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
♫♪(¯` ¸(¯`'•.¸**¸.•'´¯)¸.• ¯)♫♪
(¯`'•. --=-_Stop Animal Cruelty Now!_-=-- `'• .¸_)
(_¸-_(_¸.•'´*♫♪♫♪*`'•.¸_)`'• .¸_)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

Oh wow, your dog park looks nice! But it must be a hell hole when its muddy. >_<

Also, I didn't know corgi's coats got that long. Is that natural or a special type of corgi?
Cheetah

Post by Cheetah »

The park is actually mostly grassy, except for the one area where the dogs have trampled during games of fetch, so it's not too bad after the rain.

Shippo is what is known as a "Fluffy" corgi. It's a genetic coat mutation. More info here:
http://pwcca.org/fluffies.html

Thanks everyone!